Click, Clack, Moo: Cause and Effect

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Who doesn't love Doreen Cronin?!!  I love Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type.  



We use this story to practice cause and effect, as well as friendly letter writing.  I will be using it the week after next, but I wanted to go ahead and post this stuff in case you wanted it.  I made some FREEBIES for you for finding cause and effect.  The packet has 2 posters and 2 recording sheet options.  You can grab it {HERE}.







We love to sing this song to learn the 5 parts of a friendly letter.

{To the tune of Frere Jacques}

Heading (point to forehead)
Greeting (point to smiling mouth with both hands)
Body (point to body)
Closing (cross arms holding knees)
Signature, signature. (stomp feet)

Heading (point to forehead)
Greeting (point to smiling mouth with both hands)
Body (point to body)
Closing (cross arms holding knees)
Signature, signature. (stomp feet)

We will also be using this word work to help us learn triple consonant blends.  You can check it out {HERE}.  




Have a great weekend!






2 comments:

  1. I love your song for a friendly letter. If only I could sing! Thanks for the freebie. We just finished reading Click, Clack, Moo.

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these resources and ideas and I adore the song! We sing all day in my room! Thanks so much!

    Ashley
    The Balancing Act I Call Life

    ReplyDelete